Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Buzz saws and hammering


...are not the type of sounds that are sweet on the ears after a long day at work.

Really, if I was anymore tense right now I think I'd be vibrating.

There is it again, that loud screeching whine and the staccato pounding of a hammer on wood. Over and over again. Have I mentioned how loud it is? How incredibly stupid I feel to allow myself to be lulled into a state of near relaxation only to flinch in shock every time it starts up again. Have I mentioned the fact that the guy doing it likes to talk to himself and hasn't really been quiet since he got to my house three and a half hours ago?

He's a pleasant sort, engineer by day, laborer by night. Jovial even at times. *Sigh* I really shouldn't complain.

Tomorrow when I get up I'll have new custom fit countertops in my kitchen. Tomorrow night the remaining work on my cabinets will be finished. By the end of the week a new tile floor will be installed.

Assuming of course that I don't spontaneously combust before then!

Spa days should be tax deductible! Why doesn't somebody lobby for that, huh?

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

just think how nice it will be when its over

4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home