Monday, March 13, 2006

Frustrations

I have a good friend that lives on the other side of the U.S.. We've been friends for a long time but have never managed to stay in the same state and single at the same time long enough to ever actually go out. We've stayed in close touch and talk regularly both on the phone and over email, close enough that I hardly even notice that he's not here most of the time, even though it's been two years since I've actually seen him.

Good friends don't have to be present to be there for you, he's an example of that. Despite being over a thousand miles away he was there for me in ways that no one else was this last horrific year that dad was so sick and we've gotten to be even closer as a result of that support. In turn I've been able to offer support to him as he's been through difficult times.

I've never believed in coincidences and have always had perfect faith that things work out in the way that their supposed to. So why is it suddenly so frustrating? Why now? Maybe it's because I finally have the chance to breath a little. Maybe it's because I hear the frustration in his voice every time we talk, though he's too much of a gentleman to ever bring it up.

Sometimes I'd love to have a crystal ball... Just to see.

I don't know where I'll be moving this summer yet and as a result can't tell him. He's indicated that he would try and transfer to where ever we move if it's possible. I guess I should be thankful for patient men and just shut up and stop complaining.

Sheesh! It really shouldn't be this hard!

Maybe I need to give that whole gypsy idea some more thought... They have crystal balls, don't they?

2 Comments:

Blogger anne said...

The patience is always the hardest, but the most worthwhile in the long run. That's awesome that you've had that friend who could be there for you in all the tough times!

8:24 AM  
Blogger Andria said...

I'm actually very lucky. I guess patience is just one of those virtues that I need to work on.

Thanks for the support, it really means a lot.

9:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home