Monday, February 13, 2006

Sometimes I Even Embarrass Myself

I'm sitting here at my computer listening to Israel Kamakawiwo'ole sing Somewhere over the Rainbow and feeling better than I have in days. I guess I've been in a kind of funk for the last week or so. It hasn't helped that we've all been sick... Not all at once of course, but instead we've been riding this seemingly never ending roller coaster ride of doctor's appointments and prescription co-pays. I think though (knock on wood) that we're finally getting past it... Thanks be to God for that. Hopefully I'll be a little more regular posting from now on.

I wish I could tell you that I have a ton of new and interesting stories to tell you, but that's not the case. It's actually been a very dull couple of weeks.

I have apparently reached new and embarrassing lows in my personal life (I tell you this as I give myself a mental head slap). I've never been what you would call promiscuous in my personal life. That's not to say that I've lead a perfect life free of mistakes, just that I'm very selective... It means something to me, it matters when I decide to sleep with someone.

Having established that, I had a dream a couple of weeks ago that I "accidentally" slept with a friend of mine. I say accidentally because it seemed to be one of those situations where we wound up sharing a bed and then got a little carried away. I remember in my dream going to the bathroom to clean up and thinking "oh, shit... Did I just do that?!"

Anyway, I woke up, rolled my eyes at my own deprivation and went on with life. I didn't give it another thought until yesterday when I had another dream about it. This time in my dream I was remembering the dream that I had had before, so it seemed more like a memory than a dream at all. I woke up, and I swear for a full hour I couldn't remember if I'd in fact slept with this person or not... I'm not kidding. It actually freaked me out to the point that I almost emailed this poor guy (who probably would've wet his pants)... Can you imagine? How does one go about asking something like that?

Hey there! So... Just a quick question... Do you remember by chance if we've ever had sex? Just wondering. No reason... Really.

I finally had to sit down and recreate my life for the last 7 years or so to establish that we had not in fact ever shared a bed or anything else. Of course now I can't stop thinking about it... I tell you, I'm pathetic!

Geez! It's not like that particular list is that long!

Like I said... New lows in deprivation.

1 Comments:

Blogger Andria said...

Shoot, I don't mind the dreams so much, it's just the waking up part that I need to get the hang of!

Thanks honey!

10:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home