Sunday, April 02, 2006

I'm Back

I'm sorry that it's been so long since my last post. It seems sometimes that when it rains it pours and lately it feels like I haven't been dry in months!

For all of that, nothing really has changed all that much around here. My job has kept me insanely busy, the weather is warm and beautiful, and The Brain is as busy as ever keeping me on my toes.

There is a certain amount of reassurance to be found in that I guess. The knowledge that regardless of how much time goes by, in many respects things remain the same.

I am currently trying to determine where we will move this summer. Most of the time being a single parent isn't that bad, but this is one of those times that I miss having someone to bounce ideas off from. Trying to determine the balance between what will ultimately be best for our family against what is best for my career. These two things are irrevocably bound. I have to work if we want to eat. Eating doesn't seem all that important if I lose the respect of my son along the way. What to do, what to do.
Things will work themselves out in the end but I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't ready to just fast forward to that point. I just want to be able to sit on my front porch swing and watch my son play in the yard and know that we are where we are going to be for a while. Big dreams...

Anyway, Kdubs was asking for pictures of some of the flowers in my yard so I'll take this time to pass these along now as well.

We spent yesterday afternoon working in the yard, pulling the autumn flowers out and preparing the ground for the summer ones. This is a picture of the birch tree in my front yard. Pretty huh? I still need to bring it in a little so you can see the river rock underneath that mess!


My mailbox... please overlook the garbage can and junk in the picture, like I said, we were working when I took these.





The Brain and his cousin had a good time playing with the discarded flowers, he's so good with her. She worships him and he just loves her! I hope that we can stay in this area so they can remain close. She's turning 3 in June and he'll be 10 in July but that doesn't seem to matter. They love playing together!









I took a couple of pictures of my back patio too. Again, needs a lot of work, but beautiful nonetheless. It smells wonderful this time of year. It blooms twice a year, once in spring, once in the fall. The butterflies love it and it just makes the whole yard seem cheerful.

Anyway, there's more work to be done before I can rest for the day so I'll close for now. Maybe someday life will be a little slower for us all... but not today!

2 Comments:

Blogger anne said...

So beautiful! I can't wait until mine finally bloom. Still too cold up here...

8:01 AM  
Blogger Holly said...

Great pic's!! I think I can imagine how hard certain things would be when you have to work them all out yourself. You are very strong Andria...

9:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home