Saturday, March 18, 2006

Happy Birthday Daddy


Today would have been daddy's 69th birthday. But today,instead of celebrating with a big and loud family dinner like we have every year in the past, this year we went to the cemetery.

I'm not at all sure how I feel right now. In some ways today has been a lot easier than I thought it was going to be, in other ways...

Anyway, we went to the cemetery and we planted a miniature rose bush next to his headstone. Within a month or two it will be covered with bright yellow red-tipped blossoms that will sweeten the air around it.

I know that he would have loved it, and I'm hoping that as we return year after year there will be comfort found in its beauty.


Where I am gone, be not afraid...
It is a place that Life is made.
In a New Beginning, not an end...
We all will know and Love again.

Christopher Cornell Sterling



3 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

virtual hugs here... It will get easier over the years, just try to think of all the happy moments...

2:34 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Now is one of those times we were not virtual friends. Hugs to you.

12:31 PM  
Blogger Andria said...

Thank you so much. It really means a lot to me.

2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home