Monday, March 20, 2006

It's Spring!

First of all, I want to thank everyone that either emailed me or left a comment for me in support of my family and me this last weekend. I can't tell you how much it meant to me. Thank you.

Anyway...

Spring is here. Finally! I know that for me this past winter season has been really tough. I'm a warm weather girl. I love flowers and all things green, and I especially love spending time outside enjoying the beauty found in nature.

None of this is easy when it is cold. Ugh!

Having said that, even though it is cold and wet outside today (and probably will be for most of the week), I am still ecstatic that it's spring. Officially.

Even my hydrangea realized it and decided to bloom. By the way, for those of you who are unfamiliar with this neat little plant, you can actually change the color of the blooms by changing the pH of the soil. Cool huh? I have mine potted at the moment in case we get another freeze, but if you plant them in well drained soil they can grow up to 10-12 feet if you let them.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kimmy said...

Love your new design! Kelly is so awesome!

6:25 PM  
Blogger Melzie said...

I want one of those plants! I'm delving mroe into gardening now- back home they all just seemed to die too fast to worry about it. LOL!

9:03 PM  
Blogger anne said...

Very cool design for sure!

Bright and springy!

And I love those flowers! Did you have them potted all winter? I think I may have to get a couple of those!

I also cannot wait to get gardening. My little indoor sprouts are so anxious to be little outdoor sprouts!!

8:08 AM  
Blogger Andria said...

KDubs: Thanks girl, you've always been a terrific cheerleader! You're pretty hot yourself!

Frog Legs: I used to have that problem too. I'd just get one plant and focus on keeping it alive... one week at a time. I check my plants every Sunday. It works for me.

Anne: Yep. I leave them planted all winter. In the spring I plant them, pots and all. It makes it easier to control the size that the plant gets and it makes it easier to bring them inside when the weather turns cold.

Bobby and Kimmy: Welcome. Thanks so much for stopping by. It's always nice to meet new friends!

11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home