Thursday, March 06, 2008

I love Spring

Even if it's not exactly warm outside right now, you can already see the trees starting to bud, the daffodils are up, and there's even a tulip tree up the street trying to bloom. Weather like this has me fantasizing about being out doors walking, running, gardening, whatever. It just feels so good to me to be able to move around a bit more.

Yesterday went pretty well, well, right up until the end that is. I had my dreaded appointment at the Health Department, always fun, and my Depo Provera shot. I asked the nurse about my weight gain (17 lbs since last January) and she said that is was normal, and that the shot actually causes you to feel hungry even when you're not. Great. So in addition to trying to break the oral addiction that I have to smoking (three years last month!), I'm now getting a shot to make it even harder! UGH!

This just makes me want to work all the harder to get this weight off. None of my summer clothes will fit right now and that's just totally unacceptable.

I tanked on the diet thing when I got off from work last night. My hormones were running at full steam (thanks to the shot), and I just didn't feel very good. Still, I managed to get in 6000 steps yesterday, despite the almost three hours I spent sitting at the health department. I also got in most of my water.

Goals for today:
  • Get membership at local pool
  • Go for a thirty minute walk with Michael
  • 8 glasses of water
  • Smart food choices
  • Make-up what we didn't finish yesterday in home school. Finish today's work.
  • Laundry... again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home