Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Daddy's Rules

The first time I brought a date home my dad walked us to the door on our way out. He shook my dates hand and said something to the effect of "My daughter is a lady, she'll come home a lady, or you'll become a lady... Have a good time!"

I think I was home by 8:30 that night. My date sat one seat over from me in the theatre and didn't speak the whole night!

Daddy looked like a cross between The Godfather and Perry Mason. 6'3" 300 lbs of pure Italian father. It's a wonder that I managed to marry in the first place!

I've kept these rules of dating because they reminded me so much of him. I don't know who wrote them, but I thought I'd post them anyway for all you protective parents out there who need a laugh. Enjoy!



DADDY'S TEN RULES OF DATING



Rule One:

If you pull into my driveway and honk you'd better be delivering a package, because you're sure not picking anything up.

Rule Two:

You do not touch my daughter in front of me. You may glance at her, so long as you do not peer at anything below her neck. If y

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home