Thursday, November 24, 2005

Surprises

Well, today was about as bad as I was anticipating, mostly for the reasons that I expected. My brother is married to a woman who tends to be a little on the selfish side and has picked up on her tendencies. The Brain and I got the house decorated and cleaned while mom managed to put on a six course dinner fit for a king. Everything was perfect, except it wasn't. When my brother and his family (also known as the circus) showed up, things went from hard to horrible. It amazes me that there are people in this world that never stop to consider the consequences that their actions have, how what they say and do can make or break a day for someone else.

By the time the circus left I think that mom and I felt like we had been beaten up. It was all we could do to just sit on the couch and stare. Sometimes talking is just too hard. I was surprised when the doorbell rang and TV guy showed up with roses both for me and mom. They are beautiful. He sat and listened to my complaints about my brother, watched family slides with us, ate dessert, and basically helped to turn a horrible night into one that wasn't too bad. Why is it that flowers always seem to make me feel better? Mom commented after he left that his visit was the best part of the night. Sad but true. I wonder if he realized that. Probably not.

I'm to tired to stay angry about last night. I guess in a way I've just accepted what happened as being part of the way he is, nothing I can do about it. I will no longer check in with him about anything concerning the station, I see no reason to. I told him that I wasn't going to play games and I meant it. I figure I never checked in with Cindy when I went up there before all of this happened, I see no reason why I should concern myself about it now. Same goes for him. I'm not being ugly; I'm just choosing to remove both of them from that particular equation. I think it's best. They can make drama if they want; I'm just choosing not to be a part of it.

TV guy is not malicious or spiteful, he just doesn't know what he wants. I accept that. He's a great guy and no more perfect than I am. I'm not willing to hold a grudge over something that I can get around. Especially since I know he didn't mean to make me as angry as he did. Besides, I know that I'm probably a little more sensitive than I would ordinarily would be. I just gotta get through this next month.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hang in there. And isn't it amazing how a small, thoughtful token like flowers just lifts us?

12:32 AM  
Blogger Andria said...

Yes it is... I'm such a girl! Forget candy, I'll let you slide on the jewelry, but don't you dare forget the flowers! He really is a great guy.

5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home