Sunday, December 18, 2005

Four Seasons... Southern Style!

So it seems the Professor is becoming a little more insistent, he's traveling to Memphis this week to head up an internal investigation there, and wants me to join him. Nice thought, but one that proves that he really has no concept of what my life is like right now. People without children have a hard time understanding life for those of us who do.

Agent C is still hanging around, I think that we're both just kind of in a holding pattern until we determine where we are going to be. I am considering a position in Nashville with the Federal Court; it would mean more money, but less room for growth. If I got the job there, it'd be great for about three years, after that, I'd have to move on. I really just want to get somewhere where I can just relax, somewhere where I could retire from if I chose to. It may be a pipe dream, but it’s my pipe dream.

Our trip to North Carolina looks like it may be put off until the spring... nothing says Christmas in the South like a good old fashioned ice storm.

I've always heard that Southerners have four seasons just like everywhere else... ours are just a little different. Instead of spring, summer, fall, and winter, we have almost summer, summer, still summer, and Christmas.

Gotta love it here!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home