Thursday, December 15, 2005

Things Change

This time of the year is so strange. It seems like we spend so much of our time frantically running from one obligation to the next, all in the attempt to ensure that we "enjoy" the holiday season, that in the end, we don't.

Over the last week I've decided that enough is enough. I finished my shopping and decided that once the obligatory cards were mailed out to friends and family that I'd say to hell with everything else. The decorating isn't done but the tree is up. No supplies have been bought for the goodies that I usually make to send out for friends and family, but Norm Thompson has some great looking desserts so that's gonna be that.

It's funny that now that I've stopped worrying about it, I'm actually enjoying it a little more. Last weekend Agent C and I got together and went out for drinks. He was in town for a seminar and we wound up staying up until well after the sunrise talking and laughing and comparing cases. It was really nice talking with someone in the same profession that has had the same experiences that I've had. He's trying to put in for a position here at this field office, but the way things are looking, I'll have transferred by that time. Oh well.

I've also been getting calls from another guy that I actually do work with right now. He's been nothing if not persistent. He teaches some of the defense classes at the academy... I think he's like a 5th degree black belt in something or another. Despite that, he seems to be a very gentle person and has a great sense of humor. I think we'll be working together over the next week or two on a couple of cases, and I've agreed to get together with him sometime this next week for dinner or drinks. I don't know if I want to date him or not, but I like what I've seen of him so far. He's great on the job and definitely someone you'd want to back you up. That's always nice.

All in all, it's strange to be single again, but it's nice to see that it's still a choice.

This is not what I thought my life would be ten years ago, but ah, hell... it's been a great ride so far.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home