Monday, April 03, 2006

Sleepy Spring

I love summer. I'm a true Southern gal at heart. Warm weather, BBQ's, days spent out on the lake, fireflies at dusk, lemonade on the front porch swing, the whole deal. I love that it's almost 9 when it gets dark by the end of July.

Having said that, damnmit if I didn't hate getting up this morning! The Brain did too. When I turned on his light I heard a muffled "you're jokin' right?!" from beneath his pillows and blankets. I only wished that I were.

I worked until almost 4am this morning, trying frantically to get caught back up. I've submitted most of my February cases now and am now starting on March. Hopefully by next week if I can keep up the pace I'll be ready to begin April. Ugh. I need a break.

To those of you who have emailed me over the last month or two, I'm not ignoring you, I promise! I'm trying to do the best I can to keep my head above water right now, I'll try to be better about it soon!

For now I think I'll take my lunch outside and enjoy this beautiful weather. Have a great day!

3 Comments:

Blogger Holly said...

I love love love summer too. Ryan (4.5 years old) is all about the summertime things as well, he keeps talking about how the toads and bugs come back out in the summertime and he CAN'T WAIT!

That said, I feel ya on the time change thing. Ugh.

9:40 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

P.S. GROOVY new look!!!

9:49 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

I just found your blog and read your 100 things. My dad and I were very close and he died on Aug. 26, 2004. I think of him every day. The things you said about him and his illnesses struck a cord with me.

Wishing you a warm summer with lots of time to spend with your son.

3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home