Monday, March 10, 2008

A New Week

It's interesting to me that in just the last week of trying to be more health conscious- walking more, drinking more water, trying to eat better, I can see a noticeable difference in my energy levels and how my body feels overall.

Yesterday kicked my tail. Period. A simple errand to Jeff's apartment to measure windows and then to Walmart to pick up some fabric turned into, and I'm not making this up, five trips to the apartment, three trips to three different Walmart's, two trips to Hancock Fabric, one trip to Lowe's, one trip to Taco Bell (because really, by this time I was about to pass out from hunger), and five separate trips back to my house.

And I STILL have to go to Walmart again today!

(insert silent screaming!)

Still, after all that I managed to log over 13,000 steps yesterday. HA! I guess all the stress was good for something. Man I was exhausted and pissy by the time I finally crashed into bed at 2:30 this morning.

Goals for today:
  • 8 glasses of water
  • salad for lunch (always a struggle to get it in)
  • 10,000 steps
  • 30 minute walk
  • nothing to eat after 9 pm (because this is the grazing hour for me, apparently)

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger anne said...

Hey, thanks for your comment! I can't seem to get a feed for your blog and I didn't realize you were even still posting!!

Anyway, here is the link to that grocery bag pattern. It's a free one and uses a plastic bag as a pattern piece. It's super easy.

Good to see you're doing well...as far as your losing weight goals, I have absolutely the same problem with evening eating. Since I've been nursing I'm hungry all the time--way more than when I was pregnant. I feel like I'm having a really hard time losing the weight I want to. Anyway, when I do snack at night I try to make it at least be a fruit or veggie. Though the cookies are always calling...along with the ice cream. Ah poo.

Good luck to you! :)

10:04 PM  
Blogger anne said...

What I meant to say was HERE is the link to the pattern...

10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home