Monday, December 19, 2005

I Have a Secret

I have a secret.

I have always driven very economical cars, cars that get close to 30 mpg and zip in and out of traffic on a whim.

I've always hated huge SUV's... I can never see around them in traffic and their drivers annoy me. WHY drive a vehicle designed to go off road but then come to a full stop before going over a speed bump? Learn to drive the vehicle you bought! Sheesh!

Last week I got a new company car. I didn't have a choice; they simply forced it on me. It's a 2006 Jeep Liberty. I feel like the driver in an 18 wheeler when I'm in it, I've never been up so high before. I swear, I feel like I'm getting a king of the mountain complex or something. It gets like 17 mpg in the city and I've already had to fill it up twice. I know it's not that big compared to a lot of the things out on the road, but to me, it's huge!

So here's my secret... I actually like driving it. I hate the way it handles, I believe that if I ever was chased or had to go in pursuit I'd probably die, but I don't care. For someone who's 5'4" on a good day, I like being big for once.

Don't tell. Shhhh!

5 Comments:

Blogger Kristi said...

Oh my gosh - I LOVE the Jeep Liberty. I had one for a week as a rental when my little exonomical Saturn was in the shop. The Liberty is now my absolute dream vehicle, even though I just could not buy it until it is a hybrid. Until then I will just dream and be oh so happy you get to have fun it!!! Enjoy!!

5:41 PM  
Blogger anne said...

I used to think they were really ugly, until I drove one myself...then I loved it! :)

12:01 PM  
Blogger Andria said...

I never thought I'd convert, but my best friend warned me that if I ever went Jeep I'd never go back. I'm worried that she may be right.
I do really love the looks of the latest Saturn though... the Sky? It's gonna be a tough call. I am proud that I have learned what 4 wheel high and lo are for. Baby steps... :-)

12:58 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

OK... your secret is good with me. But just between you and me, I believe SUV's are the coaches of satan himself. I know, because I used to drive one. A Toyota Landcruiser. And that SOB guzzled gas like nobody's business!

My secret is this: I did insist we sell the SUV, but I'd been so spoiled by all the room, that we got a minivan to replace it. I KNOW. Don't laugh.

Better gas mileage, and SO much convenience... but I swore once I'd never drive one, and here I am eating my words! Sshhhh....

2:38 PM  
Blogger Andria said...

Thanks for stopping by my site, I love yours!
Believe me, I understand! I don't know how I'm ever going to be happy driving something smaller again... of course the fact that I now have to fill up twice a week should help, but still!
Hey, don't worry about driving a minivan... I hear they're cool again now that SUV's aren't politically correct anymore.
Your secrets safe with me!

3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home