Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Still Alive

Well, it's been an interesting two weeks.

Work has been hellish to the point where I have decided to amp up my search for something new. The position that I've been offered from the agency might not be ready for me to start for another year, that's what I'm being told right now anyway. Could be tomorrow, could be next year. Ugh.

TV guy totally made my night last week when he called me around 11 pm and told me to go outside. I was pissy about it because I had just gotten into bed (for the first time before 2 am in over a month) and really didn't feel like getting up to get dressed again. I'm glad I did though because he had picked up a bottle of my favorite wine. He knows I have strict rules regarding drinking and driving and also against drinking within a certain amount of time prior to working and had everything worked out. It was really nice. I got to bed around 2 am again but got the best 4 hours of sleep that I've had in a long, long time. It's good to have friends that know you better than you know yourself.

The following weekend our town had an arts festival that is always a lot of fun to go to. Even more so this year because The Brain had a picture featured in the kids section. He was thrilled! It was nice to have a little down time.

We just keep truckin' along for now. The Brain gets out of school in a few weeks and we're finalizing plans for a vacation over the 4th of July. Hopefully I'll have a different job by then and a vacation will actually be an option. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

For now though I think I'll leave you with a picture of the cutest kid on the planet (besides my son of course). This is my nephew Talan, isn't he a doll?

1 Comments:

Blogger anne said...

Wondered where you have been!

Sounds like some big stuff coming up...job changes and all! Very exciting!


Good luck!

8:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home