Sunday, September 21, 2008

Hoping for a good week

I'm about to take off and meet my best friend Amanda at the fabric store to look at possible Bridesmaid dress patterns. I've so wanted to try and keep the cost down for my bridesmaids and yet still have exactly what I've wanted. Spoiled, no? Anyway, I'm going to try and do a cost comparison and see exactly how much it would cost to purchase the supplies needed (fabric, notions, etc), the cost of paying someone to make them, and then compare that against the cost of actually purchasing a dress from a store. I have a feeling that it will probably work out better to have them made, but I don't know that for sure. I DO know that most of the bridesmaid dresses that I've seen that I actually like have ranged in price from $150-$275 before shipping. That just seems like too much to me, even though I've been reassured that those prices are really somewhat standard.

Anyway, I'm excited about going to look. I'm really hoping that this will be the week that I get my engagement ring. My birthday is this Saturday so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. :-) David will hopefully call us sometime this week to go and look at the diamonds we requested. He said that once we choose one that we like, that he can have it set in a day. YAY! I'll be sure to post pictures for everyone to see.

Anyway, my mom and I are going to set up a time on Friday to go back to the Lodge and walk around. I need to get a better idea of table placement and set-up, if for no other reason than I need to know how much of what to rent in terms of linens. It should be fun.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home