Friday, May 09, 2008

Doing Much Better

This week has been a lot better for me than the last couple. It's still been a struggle, but I think overall, much better.

Jeff was able to get messenger to work on his computer at work so we've been able to have short (think like 5 minutes or less) conversations during the day. I think it's helped both of us a lot.

I found a new WW meeting that I think I like. Don't get me wrong, it's not that I haven't liked the other leaders, I do, believe me, they're all great. And in fact, this new meeting has one of the old leaders in charge of it, but the people attending the meeting are different. I had hoped to find a meeting where the leader was a little closer to my own age... most of them around here are in their 50's. Not that that's a bad thing, I just don't have a lot in common with them.

Anyway, I think for now I'm going to make Friday my WI day and go from there. Weekends are always the hardest for me anyway so that will give me a whole five days to recover if I fall off the wagon. Also, I'm hoping to convince my cousin Lori to help me in the exercise department. I've been running three times a week but I feel like I need to do more. Lori has lost over 100 lbs in the last year and has done it by working her ass off. Literally. She has a friend that has been helping her by giving her assignment workouts and challenges. I'm hoping that getting her to do the same thing will motivate me a little more.

Tonight we're headed out for pizza (yeah, I know! But it's FREE!!!) and then to see Iron Man with Michael. It should be a fun night. I think we could all use the night off.

Next week Michael heads out of town with his paternal grandmother and great grandfather to visit some cousins to our South. He should be gone for about a week... just enough time to grab some much needed extra hours at work. Shoot, Jeff and I might even buy a car. We've been looking at the Prius (also known as the Atomic Easter Egg Car around these parts) for a while now. With gas now at $125 a barrel I think it's time to trade in the Expedition and start saving some money. Gas is just ridiculous and if the price of saving money is driving an ugly car, well, I can live with that.

So... have a great weekend and wish us luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home