Sunday, May 04, 2008

A New Resolve

I've been doing a lot of thinking about what I talked about in my last post. It's really not in my nature to feel sorry for myself (despite what it must seem like right now), and in truth, I've always been a very proactive person. I've always believed that we as individuals are responsible for our own happiness, no one else. It's not up to Jeff to ensure that I'm happy, it's not up to a potential employer to give me a reason to get up in the morning. It's up to me. It's my responsibility.

I've decided that I'm going to try and combat the feelings that I've been having by trying to stay busier. I'm going to start attending Weight Watcher meetings (instead of just doing it online). I'm going to try and make plans to meet up with another stay at home wife that I haven't seen in a long time. I'm going to look for an aerobics class (or something like that), I'm going to start keeping a chart of my exercise and running activities so I'll have something to look back on and see what and where I've accomplished things. Hell, I may even try and learn Spanish.

I don't know if any of this will make watching Jeff leave after lunch, but it can't hurt. And at least I can feel like I'm actively trying to combat the feelings that I've had by doing something.

I hope it helps.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home