Monday, April 21, 2008

Weekend Fun

We had a really nice weekend, busy, but nice.

Saturday morning saw Michael headed out the door with his Boy Scout troop to throw mulch down to earn money to pay for Scout camp this Summer. He finished just in enough time to have lunch with the boys before having to jump in the car and head out for a Youth Volunteer Corps activity. This time the activity was with the Search and Rescue Squad helping to train the dogs. Needless to say, he was thrilled! I think his favorite was Toby, a huge beast of an animal with the sweetest temperament I've ever seen.

When the activity was over Jeff and I dropped him off at my mother's house just in time to have her take him over to a friend's house. She had a meeting to go to and thought that he'd have more fun hanging out with friends than going with her. As a result, Jeff and I had a rare opportunity to spend time together alone. There is a new outdoor, upscale shopping center that is nearby so we drove over there and just walked around. Neither of us were overly impressed with the inflated prices and snooty salespeople, but it was fun anyway. When we got tired of that we just drove around looking for houses for sale. His parents are thinking about moving here sometime in the next year so we're trying to get a feel for location and prices.

The rest of the night was spent running to Walmart, talking via web-cam to his parents, and chilling out on the couch. It was a real treat!

After church on Sunday we decided to drive to the State Park that is located on the top of the mountain where Jeff's apartment is. We're kind of scouting out locations to hold the reception and thought that we'd take a look at the lodge. It's really about average in price ($1500 for 8 hours and the entire Lodge would be ours), but it's still more money than I wanted to spend. I'll have to think about it. Still, the view was breathtaking and it had an indoor/outdoor option that I really like. We've got time, I'd like to go back and see the inside when they're open.



Anyway, we walked around the park, played at the playground, and then went back to the apartment for dinner and a movie. It was almost a perfect day.







I feel better this Monday than I did the last one. I think having a chance to settle into the idea that he's not always going to be around was just harder than I anticipated. I'm back to looking for a job and trying to trust that things tend to happen the way that they're supposed to.
I'm still losing weight, it's been really slow, but at least it's happening. I tend to eat less when the weather warms up so that helps. Michael has been suffering from some pretty wicked allergies so that's been putting a damper on our 5k training. I'm hoping that now that he's taking the 24 hour Claritin that he'll start to feel better soon. We need to get moving!
Goals for the day:
  • water water water!
  • 10k steps minimum!
  • lotsa green veggies... I've been bad about that lately

2 Comments:

Blogger anne said...

I don't know if you're a smoothie fan, but I have loved getting my fruits & veggies in with the kale. I find if i start the day off with something healthy, I am more likely to continue it...

I love the lodge idea... I think that would be so beautiful!!

4:24 PM  
Blogger Andria said...

I love the idea too... I'm just cringing at the idea of spending so much money!

Oh, and I love your kale idea... I think. I'm trying to keep an open mind about it. Any recommendations on how I use it? How much, etc...

5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home