Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Busy Week


Well, as so often happens, the best laid plans never quite work out the way I think they're going to.

I had every intention of working on and finishing the chest last week. Really, I did! But when I arrived and got ready to start working I discovered that the landscaping company was also there doing their thing. There was just too much floating around in the air for me to even consider staining.

Still, we home schooled, enjoyed seeing Jeff and lunch, and basically just relaxed.

Jeff got his first paycheck with his new job on Friday (which for one week was about what he used to make all month in his last job) so we decided to go out and celebrate. We went to our favorite steak place to eat and then, like the old people that we are, went to Walmart.

Saturday was the local arts festival and so we all got up bright and early and went to see what there was. We have a long tradition of volunteering and so were signed up to help out. When we got there however, we discovered that we weren't needed (can ya believe it?) and just walked around and goofed off instead.

I got a couple of great pictures of some of the dancers that came out to the festival. These two were thrilled that I wanted their pictures. Apparently, they travel from South Africa and tour all over the United States educating American kids about their culture. It was really cool!

After my mother came and picked Michael up (Jeff and I had a date night) we went out to eat at a Mexican place that we love. Unfortunately, maybe due to the humidity or the crowds I developed a migraine half way through the meal. I did my best to hide it but honestly, all I could think was "please don't let me throw up".

I don't get migraines very often, but when I do, I have to sleep to get rid of them. Jeff took me back to the apartment where I promptly crashed for about a half hour. I woke up drained, but not in pain.

Despite the migraine we had a really nice weekend. It's really a treat to be able to do things together as a family. It always seems like the week pulls us in so many different directions that we rarely get to spend any quality time together.

Anyway, I've spent the week so far cleaning the apartment from top to bottom, steam cleaning the carpets, cleaning out my car, and getting ready for the weekend. I really want to get the chest done before it gets to be too hot.

Maybe tomorrow. LOL!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home