Friday, December 23, 2005

Holiday Cheer

What is it about this time of the year that makes people and children specifically, absolutely insane?

I can't count the number of times on one hand that I almost had a car accident yesterday while trying to run errands. It was like the whole bloody city forgot how to drive... all at the same time! Drivers pulling out without looking, changing lanes without signaling... I could go on and on. By the time I made it home yesterday I felt like I had been to war and back. I guess in a way I had.

Then last night The Brain, who is usually a pretty good child, came to me about an hour after his bedtime and said that he couldn't sleep. Every once in a while I'll let him get into my bed and sleep with me, I think he just gets lonely. So, being the kind and benevolent person that I am, I told him to climb on up. With him came his cat, Sarafina, and all of his pillows and blankets (without which he can't sleep). I spent the night being forced to the side of the bed, being kicked, and generally tossing and turning. You'll be glad to know that I monitored the clock for everyone last night. I can personally attest to the fact that there was actually a 1am, 2am, 3am, and 4am. Around four I decided to just take a sleeping pill and be done with it.

I could've moved him back to his own bed, but to be honest I just didn't have the heart for it. Besides, he's too big to carry now and there's no guarantee that he'd have gone back to sleep.

So here I am, exhausted, pissy, and ready to take on the last day before Christmas.

The Brain of course slept great and is bouncing off the walls.

It's so unfair.

1 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

I just try not to leave the house at all, and certainly not go near a mall, store or parking lot for the few nays proceeding Christmas... It is a mad house out there!

5:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home