Thursday, December 22, 2005

Carpe Diem

So today's the day.

Today is something of a deadline for me this Christmas season. All loose ends have to be tied up or they just won't get done. The last minute purchase miscellaneous stocking stuffers. The frantic sending of Christmas cards to people that I barely know only because they have sent me one, so now I feel like I have to reciprocate (and really, how sick is that?). The last Christmas party of the season that I will attend, held at a law firm filled with third generation lawyers with old Southern money that recognize that which is truly important in life... "Honey, this is the South, no one cares how you feel, it's how you look that matters!" I swear one of them told me that last year!

Today is the day... should guarantee a headache by the time it's all over. Wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home