Friday, May 19, 2006

Always Remember



It's been more of the same in the neighborhood lately. Summer has arrived and with it brought flowers, family, and memories. Some good, some bittersweet. It's hard to believe that we lost dad 9 months ago, it's even harder to believe that in a lot of ways the pain of that loss is stronger now than it was right after his death. I guess it's because it takes a while to sink in that it really is over. I am so grateful for the love and support of my friends, many are in tune enough to realize that while I rarely bring it up it still hurts. I still wake up thinking about him, I still wonder at the strength and the courage that he displayed in the final years of his life. I am healing, but it takes time.

While I appreciate the prayers and well wishes from everyone, I know that right now there are at least two other families that need them much more than I. They are still living their hell, one still hoping for the best and praying to beat the odds, the other one reeling from a devastating loss. Stop by and wish them well, say a prayer for their families or light a candle in their honor. When you're done, go and find those that are nearest to your heart and tell them you love them.

It can all go away so quickly.

5 Comments:

Blogger anne said...

Whenever I hear or read about someone else passing away I find the first thing I want to do is snuggle up with my husband and tell him he isn't allowed to ever go away.

I hadn't even heard of cancerbaby before, but I read her blog all yesterday and it brought me to tears for a girl I didn't even know.

Life is so precious.

10:39 AM  
Blogger Moreena said...

Thank you for your warm wishes, and for thinking of others when you are hurting yourself. Wishing you strength and comfort.

5:46 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Thank you so much for your thoughful words.

It does get easier. Note that I said easier, not better.

I think your dad must have loved you very much.

I don't let a day go by without telling those I love how much they mean. The lesson I learned is that you just never know how much time you have.

Cancerbaby broke my heart, but she helped me, too.

I'm thinking of you.

9:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a touching post.

1:23 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

This was so relevant for me to read, having just lost my mom. And you know, I suspected that it might actually be harder the more time that goes by - holidays and milestones you can longer share with that loved one.

xoxo

2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home